Product information "Thorogood 1892 Portage 814-4015 Brown Horween"
- Thorogood Roofer workboot
- Made with premium Horween steerhide
- Goodyear welted construction
- “Comfort Cushion” insole
- Fiberglass shank
- Rubber midsole
- Black heavy duty laces
- Outsole Thorogood cork nitrile for superb abrasion resistance
- Triple-stitched down leather reinforcement panels
- Made to highest specifications at Weinbrenner, Wisconsin
- Made in USA by ISO 9001 Certified Shoe Company
Because of its unique toe box design and its fairly long and therefore precisely adjustable lacing it became an instant hit among roofers and carpenters. The Roofer is also one of the few shoes around which won’t bite in your foot when you have to work in a kneeling position, which is mainly due to its very short but roomy toe cap.
The Roofer type of shoe is also known under the term Monkey Boot. As of today it still remains rather unclear why and where that term was adopted in the first place. One possible theory might be that roofers, carpenters and construction workers had to move as swiftly and quickly on the roof just as if they were monkeys.
Related links to "Thorogood 1892 Portage 814-4015 Brown Horween"